Applicability of this Policy
This Policy applies to www.hotelmeliss.ro
Also, for identity, the information in this document also applies to other online platforms operated by or on behalf of Golden Livstyle SRL.
Decoupling the cookies we use could affect your user experience on this site.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files, consisting of letters and numbers, which will be stored on a user's computer, mobile terminal or other equipment on which the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed by the request issued by a web-server, a browser (eg Internet Explorer, Chrome).
Cookies are completely "passive" (they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and cannot access the information on the user's hard drive).
A cookie consists of 2 parts: the name and content or value of the cookie. The lifetime of a cookie is determined; technically, only the webserver that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with the respective web-server.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify Internet users.
There are 2 major categories of cookies:
- session cookies: are temporarily stored in the cookie folder of the web browser so that it stores them until the user exits the respective web-site or closes the browser window;
- persistent cookies: they are stored on the hard drive of a computer or device and are activated again when you visit the site that created that specific cookie. Persistent cookies include those placed by a website other than the one the user visits at that time. These are known as "third party cookies" or cookies placed by third parties. They memorize the interests of a user to deliver the most relevant advertising for him.
How long is a cookie?
The lifetime of a cookie may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. Some cookies are intended for single use (as in the case of session cookies), so they are not maintained once the user leaves the site. Other cookies are maintained and reused each time the user returns to the site (persistent cookies). However, cookies can be deleted by the user at any time by using the browser settings.
What are cookies placed by third parties?
Some content sections of some sites may be provided by third party cookies such as an advertisement. Such cookies may be placed on the site and are referred to as cookies placed by third parties as they are not placed by the site owner. Such third parties are in turn obliged to comply with the applicable legal regulations and the privacy policies of the owner of the respective site.
Why are cookies important for the Internet?
Cookies are the central point of the efficient functioning of the Internet, helping to generate a friendly browsing experience and adapted to the preferences and interests of each user. Refusing or disabling cookies can make some sites impossible to use. Refusing or deactivating cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising - only that it will no longer be able to take into account your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior. Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require user authentication through an account):
- Content and services adapted to the user's preferences - categories of products and services;
- Offers tailored to users' interests - password retention;
- Retention of child protection filters on Internet content (family mode options, safe search functions);
- Limiting the frequency of ad serving - limiting the number of displays of an advertisement for a particular user on a site;
- Providing more relevant advertising to the user;
- Analytics measurement, optimization and features - such as confirming a certain level of traffic on a website, what kind of content is viewed and how a user reaches a website (example: through search engines, directly, from other websites (etc). The websites carry out these analyses of their use to improve the websites for the benefit of the users.
What types of cookies do we use?
By accessing this site you can place the following types of cookies:
- site performance: they retain user preferences on this site;
- visitor analysis: they tell us if you've visited this site before; the browser will tell us if you have this cookie, and if not, we will generate one;
- for geotargetting: these are used by software that determines which country you come from, are completely anonymous and are used only for content targeting;
- registration: they let us know if you are registered or not, it shows us the account with which you are registered and if you have permission for a specific service;
- for advertising: based on them we can find out whether or not you viewed an online advertisement, what kind of advertisement and how long it has been since you viewed this ad.
Do cookies contain personal data?
How can you change the cookie settings in your browser?
Most browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the "options" or "preferences" menu of your browser.
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful, otherwise you can use the browser "help" option for more details.
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari
If you would like to send us any queries regarding the above details, please contact us in writing by accessing the contact form on the site or email us at email@example.com.